My photo
Hi, I'm Chris Etheridge, politics 3rd year, YUSU Campaigns officer, former treasurer of 2 societies, former chair of a society, organiser of the charity walks for Haiti and Gaza which raised over £5,000, and candidate for Democracy and Services officer. Like you, I'm tired of being bombarded with unrealistic promises by those seeking office. So that's now my promise to you: No More Broken or Empty Promises.

Friday 5 March 2010

Thursday

Well, it's almost the end of the first week of campaigning. What a fantastic time it has been, meeting all of you and talking about the issues that matter to you. A lot of people are very keen on the drop-box issue, even if they don't live in Halifax or on Hes East! It's really encouraging to see such a strong cross-campus spirit of community.

I'm also very excited about Fusion tomorrow night. I watched their dance practice out on Vanbrugh Paradise at lunchtime, it's really very impressive. I hear it's going to be busy during the two nights that it's showing, I'll see some of you there I imagine!

No matter who I talk to, everyone is angered by the broken promises of YUSU. This has been the basis for my whole campaign, because it's the single most important issue to most students. The want to be able to feel that they can trust those who are responsible for running their union. If you haven't already seen it, please check out my campaign video:


No comments:

Post a Comment