My photo
Hi, I'm Chris Etheridge, politics 3rd year, YUSU Campaigns officer, former treasurer of 2 societies, former chair of a society, organiser of the charity walks for Haiti and Gaza which raised over £5,000, and candidate for Democracy and Services officer. Like you, I'm tired of being bombarded with unrealistic promises by those seeking office. So that's now my promise to you: No More Broken or Empty Promises.

Thursday 4 March 2010

Wednesday

What a busy day! Today we were outside the library and again on Vanbrugh paradise. The cash machine closures are a disgrace, and I know that a lot of you are annoyed about that. It would be easy to write here that I will fix these, but sadly it just isn't that simple. We did some extensive research into this before the campaign, and it's an issue that is dealt with by the University, and the external banks on campus. All that I could do in the role is to lobby the University on this. Be assured that I would do this!

In other news, hustings was great fun. Here is my speech, it's difficult to fit so many ideas into two minutes!


Democracy and Services Officer: Chris Etheridge produced by York Student Television, released under a CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 license



Finally, late night we talked to lots of Goodricke students over at Hes East. They really wanted the library drop boxes, and I think appreciated us going over.

Any questions, drop me a line or join the facebook group.

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment